Output with lines

LUIS AVILA

I have a problem with AV30, boots with no errors at all. but the output print becomes with hair lines in fastscan direction. First I resolve the problem cooling down the AV (19 C) But now the problem start again. I think is a DEC failure may be in the buffer RAM I think.....:confused:

Luis,

If you run an exposure test, does the line appear it test? Check your flex cable to the carriage. Can you attach a sample of the problem with your next post.

STSTech

Hi,
Can you be more specific in the explation ? Hairlines in fast scan direction?

Does it look like the carriage is travelling at different speeds ?
Meaning : some lines are exposed very close to each other, while other area´s have gaps between the lines ?
Do you see the size of the full image vary in slow scan direction ( width ) ?

I am thinking about a problem with the position encoder.
This is the encoder that is mounted on the carriage. It is touching the bottom surface of the V-rail.
The encoder wheel is pushed upwards with a spring system. If the spring starts to weaken , you might get incorrect position info.
And that would lead to variations in spacing between the lines.

With the engine switched off , can you turn this encoder wheel easily ?
Is there a gap between wheel and bottom of rail ?
Does it turn when you push the carriage ?
Is it easy to hold it in position , when the carraige is pushed ?
All small test to check if the pressure is good.

Good luck,
W3112

so, do you think is the laser unit, I never saw before a laser to fail in Avantra

Not likely to be a failing laser. If the hair lines are black or if the hairlines start in a clear area of the image and end at a clear area of the image then you have a bad DEC board. If the lines are clear and have no well defined start and end point, then there is probably some obstruction on the rail that the carriage travels on. Clean the rails and lightly lube the V shaped rail as this is where the bearings of the carriage track. Any obstruction on the rail will cause the carriage to lift slightly and therefore shift the position of the laser. Good luck.

Not likely to be a failing laser. If the hair lines are black or if the hairlines start in a clear area of the image and end at a clear area of the image then you have a bad DEC board. If the lines are clear and have no well defined start and end point, then there is probably some obstruction on the rail that the carriage travels on. Clean the rails and lightly lube the V shaped rail as this is where the bearings of the carriage track. Any obstruction on the rail will cause the carriage to lift slightly and therefore shift the position of the laser. Good luck.

Positive it´s a DEC board problem, I resolved cooling down the DEC, sometimes the lines appear again but much, much less one line only but most of the times didn´t affect the job. Thanks for your help

Positive it´s a DEC board problem, I resolved cooling down the DEC, sometimes the lines appear again but much, much less one line only but most of the times didn´t affect the job. Thanks for your help

Whether white or black lines are the issue, if the DEC Bd is the problem then be prepared to eventually replace it. Heat related issues will only get worse over time. Get someone there to ensure you have a backup of the parameters from the DEC. These parameters are specific to your particular Avantra. Replacement of the DEC in the future will be much smoother if the parameters are easily accessed. Failure to have these parameters will lead to many hours of tests and alignments before the Avantra is fully operational.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back