packing under plate and blanket cylinder

Hakim.fd052

hello , All I have a printing press which has komori lithrone 428 1994 model undercut mentioned in machine 0.4mm in plate cylinder and Blanket Cylinder 2.8mm, we use 0.28mm plate and packing under plate is 0.12mm, Blanket cylinder has total packing of 3 mm (1.95+0.9+0.15) is this correct please help on this. I am not getting satisfying pressure on 70 gsm Maplitho Paper for four color job plus facing issue in 1 unit when cleaning blanket wash gets on plates in black 1st unit plz help me on what ecxact packing needs to be inserted in both cylinders to get perfect squeeze thanks and regards

According to my knowledge , Plate Cylinder should packed to 0.5 mm including plate thickness and Blanket should 2.80 including packing.
You can refer to Operating Manual or generally there is a packing guideline with cylinder undercut on Last printing unit. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Qazi for replying u have any manual in pdf format but if i increase packing in plate cylinder will tht effect as blanket cylinder wash comes to plate ?

You will increase the packing in plate cylinder but need to reduce the packing in blanket cylinder to 2.80.

Hi am Martin From argentina trying to get KOMORI L225B service manual and parts catalog, if someone has it in pdf it is appreciated, thanks..

My preference on any press that rides on bearers, and is using compressible blankets, would be to pack the plate to be even with the plate cylinder bearer, as measured with a packing gauge. I then pack the compressible blanket to print .004" OVER the blanket cylinder bearer as measured by a packing gauge. In my opinion it matters less how you arrive at .004" squeeze between plate and blanket, as it matters that you do arrive at .004" squeeze. Of course there are sometimes cases where you must deviate from this, such as when you need to match print length with another press, but for the most part this will work in the majority of cases. The biggest reason that I like the blanket to be that much above bearer, is because ive found that often, when printing on some thin uncoated porous sheets, you can at times max out your impression cylinder squeeze, and still need more. With the extra packing under the blanket you've got that little extra available to you.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back