Panther rip 8

typenut

We have a Panther plus imagesetter, running Panther rip 8 on a g3 with 1 gig memory etc, worked flawless,
Hdd failure, installed new Hdd, same spec as before, new install OS 9.2, same as before, install rip from CD and it asks for Install Files to be inserted as a Floppy, the install Files are on the cd and over 30 mb,

Any pointers why it wouldn't install straight from the cd?

typenut

Have you tried copying the contents from the CD to the desktop of the computer? Maybe there is some sort of issue accessing the CD at the time of the install.

Panther rip 8 Mac

Panther rip 8 Mac

yes, I have, no dice. If instead Quick install I do custom and install each item separately it install complete, but than I start up the rip, the Splash Screen for Name and Company pops up, I input info and it stalls.
Correct Dongle etc and extensions are connected and active.

Just a wild guess, but is it asking for an authentication floppy the same way QuarkXPress used to? The workaround then was to make a disc image of the floppy disc and then mount the disc image on the desktop. I think this used to all be done with an Apple disc utility.
Regards iminch.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back