AGFA Accuset 1200 with Star 600 rip HELP

jordan barnes

hi, first of all I'm new to this forum and also fairly new to printing.
My line of business is clothing printing. (screen printing)

I've recently bought an accuset 1200 with star 600 rip.

i received no software with any of it, just ppd's on a floppy disc.

I need help on setting up to print from either a Macbook pro running OSX OR iMac G3 Running OS 8.

I have serial port cable into a transceiver the has a standard ethernet cable attached.

How do i go about sorting this?

ANY help is greatly appreciated !

thanks

jordan.

Hi,

I spoke with my Agfa technician about this.

First, you must have the software.

Unfortunately you will not be able to connect to a Macbook Pro, however you may be able to connect using a G3. To do this you would need a network setup with an rj45 transciever on the star 600 and a hub for the star 600 and the G3 to connect to. You cannot go directly from the G3 to the Star 600.

In the long run, my technician feels you would be better off with a used Harlequin RIP to load on the G3.

Good Luck.

thanks for your reply.

i have updated my g3 to OS 9.2 now, will make a difference?

i haven't got any internet at the work place yet as I've only just moved in.

is my only option to connect through a router?

the person i bought it off seemed to think he connected the rip to his mac through a transceiver that i have.he was also running 9.2.

thanks

If you can, go back to the person that you purchased the equipment from and ask them for a copy of AgfaSet from the original system. This is a utility program that will allow you to control.

unfortunately he hasn't got it.

damn
You don't need Agfaset for this RIP 600. Agfaset was used for controlling AGFA software RIPS. You will need to connect the RIP 600 and you Mac to a router. Use AppleTalk as your means of communication. Put a copy of the supplied PPD in the PPD folder of your Mac. Then the Accuset will show as a printer on your AppleTalk net. The PPD will give you the available options (dpi, screen value, etc) for printing thru the RIP to the Accuset. Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back