Panther Rip Version 1.4v.12

kylezut

I have recently upgraded to a new design computer with Windows 7. Now I am having problems with my Panther RIP system that made all my plates for decades. Upon removing Adobe from my old design computer, the driver for the RIP seemed to have been removed as well. I cannot for the life of me find the driver to re-install on my new computer or old. Any ideas on how I can get another copy of the driver? I have my S/N and product code. Just no driver... :confused:

The driver you have will most likely not work on Windows 7 especially if it is a 64 bit version. The driver should probably be on the Rip install CD. I'm not an expert on Panther, but look for a folder called PPDs.

I have found the folder. Thank you Bill. However, I am not sure which one is for my panther. There are several PPD extensioned files. I was hoping to use trial and error to find the right one. Unfortunately, I can't seem to open the file. Any ideas?

In most rips cd's it is either broken down by models or operating systems. How is it on yours?

Bill, I do not have the rip Cd. I currently have Windows 7. My panther driver is no where to be found or maybe I just couldn't find it. But here are the names of the files I have. ADPDF7.ppd, AGAV025X.ppd, AGAV030x.ppd, EF4M8U20.pdd, PPAVI_1.ppd. Is any of them valid? If it is, how do I go about installing them on my PC? When I go add a printer, I see the PantherRip, but once I click on it, it is asking me for the directory. Anyway to install them without the CD itself?

Where are these files from? I have no way of knowing what those are.

The files that you need would be on the cd. The files on the cd will most likely not work on Windows 7.

These files are currently in my server. Is there any way to recover my Panther rip driver without the CD? If so, can you guide me towards the right direction.
Now if I really do need the CD to recover it, can you tell me what type of file should I be looking for specifically?

If you are installing to a windows based system you would need both a .sys and PPD file.

I don't know what you have and don't have. If the rip was corrupted by the uninstall you would definitely need the CD. I am not an expert on the Panther. Hopefully some out there may have a disk that they can copy for you.

hi kylezut,

the ppds for panther looks like this....PPAVI_1.ppd, etc

by the way, what model of panther do u have? Thanks

Install Win 7 professional

Install Win 7 professional

If you have Windows 7 Home edition the panther rip will not works. You need to install Windows 7 professional Edition or windows 7 enterprise edition.
You have to be administrator user and descativate norton antivirus in order to rip operate fine.

ADPDF7.ppd - Adobe PDF 7.0
AGAV025X.ppd - AGFA Avantra 25 imagesetter
AGAV030x.ppd - AGFA Avantra 30 imagesetter
EF4M8U20.pdd - EFI RIP for Proofer
PPAVI_1.ppd - Panther Pro imagesetter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back