Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango

JLRobertson

Customer has requested Pantone 17-1463 Tangerine Tango for a job ... can anyone please supply a make-up of the base inks? Our Pantone books perhaps are not as updated as they might be ...

regards, etc

Thanks Santa! But I'm looking for the ink breakdown, ie Pantone 158 consists of 12 parts Pantone Yellow and 4 parts Pantone Rubine Red. We were hoping to get a similar breakdown as the job's gotta go on press ASAP, the customer would prefer we do not wait to order the ink in but make it up ourselves if possible.

Thanks Santa! But I'm looking for the ink breakdown, ie Pantone 158 consists of 12 parts Pantone Yellow and 4 parts Pantone Rubine Red. We were hoping to get a similar breakdown as the job's gotta go on press ASAP, the customer would prefer we do not wait to order the ink in but make it up ourselves if possible.

If you look at the link that Santa provided, you will see a further link to Pantone's official 2012 colour of the year page. This provides all the cross-reference colour data, including the fact that the nearest solid colour is Pantone 7625C, which you can look up in the appropriate book to find the ink formula. From the Solid Coated book this is: 26.96% Rubine Red + 26.14% Yellow 012 + 46.90% Trans White.

We had a customer use this in a job in 2012. If I remember it is a fabric color and can't be accurately reproduced in printing. They were a little disappointed :p

Yeah, while I think it is great the Pantone is expanding their reach into Interior and fashion design - some color naming consistency should be welcome there - it was bound to get cross-referenced into printing somewhere by someone who did not understand the difference!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back