Paper Bag Printing

BigSi

Hi There.

Thinking about adding another string to my bow!. I think this could be ago (But I need to do more market research).

The issue seems to be that I need to print these with handles attached so are limited to what kind of machine they will go threw.

Screen printed.: To slow. cost of screens
Digital flat bed. To slow. (but might be a go if I can find a machine fast enough). Cost of consumable may be to high.
Letterpress. to slow if multi colour. cost of nylons.

My gut feeling is If I can find a digital flat bed machine fast enough with reasonably price consumables. I don't really want to get into screen printing this is an area I have know experience with.

I have seen you tube clips for Chinese machines that look interesting but as is all ways the case with Chinese (back up, service?). Most seem to be rotary letterpress.

I think I am relistic in my production speed expectations. I'd be happy if I could print x200 medium size bags. Printed full colour two sides, (with say approx 50% coverage). in approx 3 hours. Or am I dreaming?

Just FYI: at the moment I have Offset (Heideberg GTO 2 colour). Letterpress.13x18 Heidelberg platen. Digital Xerox V2100. + Mutoh.

Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated. Thanks Simon

Looks interesting. I'd be surprised if there was an agent in this part of the world (New Zealand) but will do some investigating.

I knew a guy in Toronto that spent his time/money building a paper bag converting machine about 10 years ago. This allowed him to print the paper flat on any press either internally or externally, die-cut them, and then his machine took the flat cut sheets, folded and glued them into paper bags and attached handles. I saw it running and it was amazing. With this approach any printing process could be used. He gave it a go for a few years but I don't think he was able to find any long term contracts.

Hi Maniac. Sounds like an amazing machine . It would be great to see a video of it working?. I wonder if he would be able to find contracts now? with the shift away from plastic. Did he sell it?

Hi Maniac. Sounds like an amazing machine . It would be great to see a video of it working?. I wonder if he would be able to find contracts now? with the shift away from plastic. Did he sell it?
I really have no idea, but I will see if I can find any info. If I do I will post it back here.

You can easily find info about "Paper Bag Printing" on YouTube or Google. I will try to find some info and if get then I will definitely post it here.

Hi, Dear,
Hope you are well.
I got your point. This youtube video is also helpful

By the way we are providing printing and packaging designing services worldwide no matter where ever you live around the globe. Please visit our website Town Crier Pvt. Ltd.

Kind Regards
Town Crier Pvt Ltd.

Hi There.

Thinking about adding another string to my bow!. I think this could be ago (But I need to do more market research).

The issue seems to be that I need to print these with handles attached so are limited to what kind of machine they will go threw.

Screen printed.: To slow. cost of screens
Digital flat bed. To slow. (but might be a go if I can find a machine fast enough). Cost of consumable may be to high.
Letterpress. to slow if multi colour. cost of nylons.

My gut feeling is If I can find a digital flat bed machine fast enough with reasonably price consumables. I don't really want to get into screen printing this is an area I have know experience with.

I have seen you tube clips for Chinese machines that look interesting but as is all ways the case with Chinese (back up, service?). Most seem to be rotary letterpress.

I think I am relistic in my production speed expectations. I'd be happy if I could print x200 medium size bags. Printed full colour two sides, (with say approx 50% coverage). in approx 3 hours. Or am I dreaming?

Just FYI: at the moment I have Offset (Heideberg GTO 2 colour). Letterpress.13x18 Heidelberg platen. Digital Xerox V2100. + Mutoh.

Your thoughts/ideas are appreciated. Thanks Simon
Hi,
Go for sunhope fully automatic machines. I have 8 machines 4 twisted handle & 4 flat handle with online printing units. As per experience Sunhope is the best

If you just use flat paper bags without the flap then you can put them directly in the printer. Step 1: Open a program like Adobe Illustrator or even MS Word will work. Make the document size the same size as the paper bag. Step 2: Tape down the opening and tape the flap of the paper bag to the side with the seam.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back