Paper Brightness

kencferg

I see a lot of info about brighter papers, is it just spin? Does it make a difference in how a piece looks? Can you tell the difference in 96 and 98 brightness?

Edited by: kencferg on Aug 4, 2008 5:14 PM

Re: Paper Brightness

Front a print buyer's perspective, it's not only the brightness of the sheet but the color variation within the brightness. You may not be able to see much difference between 96 and 98 but is it yellow, gray, etc.

Re: Paper Brightness

I don't know about 96 to 98 brightness, but I do know that if you want your piece to last and not yellow over time, make sure they don't use any optical brighteners. Optical brighteners will make the paper a brighter, whiter white right off the bat, but they yellow over time. Not sure how these tie with archival paper, though...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back