Paper to use to Print "Prop Money"

AP90

Hey guys, I know this is kind of a voodoo topic, but I have a customer in the entertainment industry that is wanting to print their own "prop money". They want it to have a similar feel, but I suggested for both our piece of mind not to make it too believable. I figured something like a 28# linen/cotton stock would give them the look and feel that they are wanting. I figured its just mainly going to be used for pictures so it wouldn't make too much difference other than it shouldn't be shiny and should bend at a similar flex to real money.

Id love some suggestions or if any one else has ever done this before what they used?

Side note, does any other printer on here stress out every now and then that they will somehow be given a fake note from a bank or elsewhere and then it gets found out when you buy something. I figured if it ever happened to me id just need to call a lawyer right away cause it wont be pretty when they find out I own a printing company lol. And yes, I know there are yellow dots on printers, but that still would take some time to be found out.

US Money or bank note currency is printed on 100% Cotton (rag).
This is why it doesn't disintegrate when you accidently leave some bills in you pocket when you wash your clothes.
Federal law requires the size be different (<75%, >150%), printed one-side only, to avoid any possible counterfeiting confusion, unless it's an obvious novelty.

This is why it doesn't disintegrate when you accidently leave some bills in you pocket when you wash your clothes.
Federal law requires the size be different (<75%, >150%), printed one-side only, to avoid any possible counterfeiting confusion, unless it's an obvious novelty.
It is designed to be an obvious novelity.

And I knew it was 100% cotton. I think we’re the only county left still using cotton/natural materials aren’t we?

Crane Paper has supplied this for quite some time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back