PDC-S1 on Komori L528 Upgrade or replace???

Jours

We are being informed by Komori that the PDC-S1 will be obsolete early 2013. They will no longer service/provide parts for it. My first option would be to upgrade to the 2 version for a substantial chunk of change. Do I have any other options? Will any other software integrate with the Komori so I can maintain closed loop function?

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny,

I am not aware of anyone outside of Komori who can make the (.CLF closed loop file) required by the Komori CLC app for automating solid ink density on press. There are a host of solutions for reading control strips to give the operator difference charts. If you can find some ATS40 hardware (same as PDC-S) on the used market then you might be able to keep PDC-S1 working for less than the cost of upgrading to PDC-SII. PDC-SII is a X-Rite OEM spin-off of Intellitrax and the reason it costs twice as much as Intellitrax is for the value added closed loop capabilities.

Matt Louis

The upgrade is very expensive but let's be clear, the end-of-life is being initiated by X-Rite not Komori. I spoke with X-Rite two years ago and they wanted to end the PDC-SI then. The only reason they have extended it until now was at Komori's request. Parts are getting harder to find and X-Rite wants to move on.

PDC-S1 replacement INKZONE Solution by Digital Information

PDC-S1 replacement INKZONE Solution by Digital Information

Point well taken :p .

This may be an alternative option.
We have there CL solution on our Heidelberg which has shortened make ready time and increased quality significantly.
Looking forward to our second CL system on our Komori LS640, its being installed next month.
Good Luck! :)

This may be an alternative option.
We have there CL solution on our Heidelberg which has shortened make ready time and increased quality significantly.
Looking forward to our second CL system on our Komori LS640, its being installed next month.
Good Luck! :)

Color Key Pro CL system can be connected both to X-Rite and Techkon scan measurement devices and it has a seemless working interfacing with the Komori. Check this: ColorKeyPro_Demo_Video.mp4 - YouTube and Day 7 at Drupa 2012 X-Rite - YouTube website: Color Key Pro Press room color control system

PDC-S1 replacement Thanks alot for the info. I will look in to it.

PDC-S1 replacement Thanks alot for the info. I will look in to it.

Thanks alot for the info. I will look in to it.
Color Key Pro CL system can be connected both to X-Rite and Techkon scan measurement devices and it has a seemless working interfacing with the Komori. Check this: ColorKeyPro_Demo_Video.mp4 - YouTube and Day 7 at Drupa 2012 X-Rite - YouTube website: Color Key Pro Press room color control system

just Wondering. I looked at the Inkzone website. Does the Cl system use your existing hardware(AKA Scanner Head and track)? If it so you might run into problems later on. We just upgraded our 540SP to PDS-2 and part of the contract stated that we had to pack and ship the PDS-1 scanner head back to X-Rite, for Quote "To be destroyed to protect intellectual property and trade secrets". We got to keep hand held unit, track,etc. I got the impression the X-Rite is killing off the Pds-1 tech.
Just 2 cents worth.

X-Rite doesn't support the ATD, ATS or PDC-S anymore, however at Lithronix we do!
Please ship it to us and we will fix it for you.
If your ATD, ATS or PDC-S is not working properly give us call at 513-235-4299 and we will help you troubleshoot. We have repaired scanning heads and tracks that have been working great for over five years now! Save some money and fix your old system if you've been happy with it! Please check our listing on ebay Repair of Komori's PDC s Autotracking Spectrophotometer Intrument | eBay or visit us at Lithronix We can get your system up and running in less than a week!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back