PDF profiles

txcynna

We deal mostly in customer created PDF files which, when I first started working here really bugged me (I came from a large shop that dealt mainly with native files and hardly ever accepted PDFs.

When I started here I was told "use this profile when making pdfs" meaning PDF/X-1a:2001 and being unfamiliar with the entire concept I just accepted that and continued to this day using that profile.

Can someone point me to a page that explains the differences between this profile and all the other PDF/X profiles that are available? We are a small shop with 1 and 2-color presses, biz hub color copier and a BW copier. We recently added a Roland wide format printer as well but it doesn't seem to like printing from our pdfs (colors are way off). We also send jobs out to partner shops that have 4+ color presses.

Should I be looking at different profiles for the different types of printing? Could our wide format issues be just a matter of my pdf profile?

I would say that these are the questions that keep me up at night but Netflix is responsible for that.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. (the PDF profile part, not the Netflix part. I already know I have a binge watching problem and knowing is half the battle... go joe!)

Thanks ahead of time!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back