Perfect binders- what's the best?

jimas67

We are looking to possibly purchase a perfect binder and looking at one the uses the PUR glue. Can anyone give me an idea which one is the best? We are going from using an old Rosback 880 to a much better upgrade hopefully. Thanks for your help :)

We purchased a Horizon BQ-270V over a year ago and are very happy with it. There is a PUR version but PUR is a different beast than regular glue. CP Bourg also makes a great Binder.

We purchased a Horizon BQ-270V over a year ago and are very happy with it. There is a PUR version but PUR is a different beast than regular glue. CP Bourg also makes a great Binder.

halmac, what type of work are you putting through on your Horizon?

We run a wide variety of thicknesses and a few different sized books. After moving from a manual Sulby Mark III to this is a dream. It is especially good for very thick books. There are so many adjustable settings for each area. The clamp, the nipping unit, and the gluing unit are all very adjustable. The dwell time can be adjusted, the speed of the book passing over the glue, flush gluing, side gluing etc. Having said that, the CP Bourg is a better machine but costs more.

Hi jimas67, I'm with Standard Finishing Systems and see that you're in Texas. The Standard Territory Sales Manager for TX lives there and is a post-press professional with many years of experience (both CP Bourg and now Standard Finishing). Suggest you reach out to Frits Knepper at 978-409-0306 (cell) or email him at [email protected]. You can also get an overview of the Horizon perfect binding portfolio at http://www.sdmc.com/solution/perfect-binding/. Standard has several hundred happy Horizon binder customers throughout North America. Hope this helps.

Thank you markhunt, I have actually spoken to Frits and he has come and seen me here at my employer. He is one of the first guys that I spoke with about a perfect binder. thanks for the info :)

We just have bought a TECNOGRAF ANT 250 PUR perfect binding machine, but is not working. We have no documentation about this equipment, there is no distributor for this equipment in our contry. We have tryed to contact the TECNOGRAF company but they didn't answer.
We are looking to buy any operation and service documentation about this equipment. Any help will be usefull for us. Thank you.

We have a BQ-270 and it has lasted 13 years with minimal servicing. We do about 130k PB books a year. I know the 270V can use PUR. What is your need for PUR instead of an EVA adhesive?

Looking for someone that can walk me through the setup on a BQ270. Not understanding all the pictures on the screen. Any help of video tutorial would be appreciated.
Thanks

Looking for someone that can walk me through the setup on a BQ270. Not understanding all the pictures on the screen. Any help of video tutorial would be appreciated.
Thanks
Do you have he manual? We just got one and the manual seem to help out for the most part.

Do you have he manual? We just got one and the manual seem to help out for the most part.
@Dram I imagine @rbi is sorted now, on the basis his/her post was almost three years ago and he/she hasn’t been seen back on the forum for the best part of two years

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back