Perfect Binding with creep applied - Preps 4/5

MarcusPlatypus

Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've got a question that probably has been answered before, i'm looking for an easy way to fix my problem.

We are printing a large book that is burst bound, but the binder has asked for creep to be applied to each 48page section. The 48 page section is made up of 3 separate 16 page sections saddle stitched together.

How do i apply creep to the innermost sections of each of the 48 page saddle sections? Can it be done automatically? Or will i have to manually input the creep for each page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Sorry for delaying answer. You create a 48 page 3-webb imposition that is perfect bound
You will have to mumber the webs so that theu are correctly saddled. Hope that is clear, or do you need a screen shot (means I have to do it ;P)

Sorry for delaying answer. You create a 48 page 3-webb imposition that is perfect bound
You will have to mumber the webs so that theu are correctly saddled. Hope that is clear, or do you need a screen shot (means I have to do it ;P)

Hey thanks for the reply Lukas!

I ended up manually inputting the creep values. I wasn't even really sure if i put the right increments in, but it looks ok on the virtual proof.
I was hunting around for a way to do it automatically, but it think that is probably not possible.

Still interested in the screenshot of how you would do it though, but don't stay back at work for me! I'm going home now, will check back here tomorrow.

cheers!

I'll do it for you after the weekend. The reason I stumbled across the multiple webs was i needed to do language versions of 12, 16 and 20 pages with 4/8 pages per sheet. I wanted to place the languages document by document but still contain in one job. So I did a sheetfed where a web of 4+8 for the 12 pages etc.

Cheers

The other option you could do is create a Preps job for each 48 page section and apply shingling to each job. That way you don't have to apply it to each page, just the job.

Hi pcmodem
Thanks for the suggestion, i did think of that, but i placed collation marks on the outer leaves and i wasn't sure if they would number properly if they weren't run in the same .pjtf. It's a 464 page catalogue and I really wanted to keep it all together. I will probably try it out to see what happens at a later time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back