Perfecting double sided coating

inkinveins

Is any one out there running convertible perfectors with double coaters, ( manufacturer is irrelevant ) and if so is it U.V. Or conventional, my question is do u have any issues with waterbased coating and the latter down unit impression cylinders, if you are running one you will know what I am talking about. I would like to hear your experiences

Hi there, I ran a 12 col speedo a few years back that had 2 units that could be converted to run coating using the Tresu modular system, my experiences were, really long set up, about 3 hours if using both units, a long time to convert the press back to printing only mode, and on top of this the system really did not work, the first side picked like crazy on the impression cylinders of the subsequent units as it had no time to dry, and the 2nd side marked on the last transfer cylinder.
Overall it was a good concept that did not quite work in practice.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back