Personalised outdoor sticker printing

littlefonzy

Hi.

I am new to this forum.

I am looking to print personalised stickers that are for outdoors, so they would need to be weather resistant.

What equipment am I looking for?

I would be printing likely from a commercially available software such as Adobe, Bluebeam, Microsoft etc.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thank you.

Many different options - if you want good advice - you'll need to provide more information - finished size, what surface you are mounting to, volume you require etc. etc.

for the manufacture of outdoor stickers consists of various ways such as printing, print using large format printers or offset printing. All the way the print has a different process but has one thing in common that the material used is VINIL and the ink uses solvent-based inks that are waterproof and uv.

So any way can be done to create an outdoor sticker, which needs to be considered is the material and ink.

We have an Epson S40600. We are pretty new to this end of things but the colour looks amazing and is quick. We print on a glossy vinyl label. If I need specific cuts we have a Mutoh ValueCut which will cut out any shape for the label you need. Cannot remember what the outdoor life span. I have a small sticker I made and placed on the back of my motorcycle will see how it holds up to weather as the year goes on.

https://epson.com/For-Work/Printers/Large-Format/Epson-SureColor-S40600-Printer/p/SCS40600PE

Your ink is going to be the biggest variable in the production. UV ink will give you the best perfromance, but there are not too many digital, affrodable, 4 color UV printers to start a business with. A good UV ink can give you 5 years plus outdoors (cheap ink will give you 2 years max.) You can try to go with an aqueous dye ink or smaller inkjet or toner printers that are marketed to print GHS or chemical lables. The investment is far less and they are simple to use. However image quality may degrade depending on your prefences.
'Call a label provider with a UV, digital inkjet web and get prices based upon your quanties

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back