Pin Stripes on Prints on One Side

printsandrepeat

This is definitely different than banding. I’m getting pinstripes of no print on the side closest to the printhead carriage resting spot. Has anyone dealt with this? I’m losing prints when I do multiple up on that one side.

Pictures of occurences

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 289
What is the printer make and model and are the bands parallel or perpendicular to the paper feed direction?
HP Z3200ps, parallel. Less so much “bands” and more thin pinstripes that are heavier on the print carriage resting side and thin/disappear as the printhead carriage moves outward.

Hello p&r,

I suggest you print the same Image on a Coated Paper if these so-called "Pin Stripes" disappear then I suspect the Paper.

Regards, Alois

Can you increase the ink droplet size and decrease the platen gap?
When I change the paper setting from Fine Art Paper - less ink to Fine Art Paper - more ink, then it solves the problem. Weird thing is, it hasn’t always been this way. I’m don’t know what platen happens is.

You may need some expert-friendly software to really fine tune and micromanage your printers for a particular substrate if HP tech support can't help you. Look into Onyx RIP, Wasatch RIP, EFI Fiery XF or Caldera RIP. Other users of the forum may be better advice though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back