Pitstop 10

It's recordable and by that I mean you can record your actions and save to an action list.

I want to take a pdf and add a color (KEYLINE) that is .187 from all edges. It would need to be able to add the color and add the rectangle.

I think you should be able to make an action list to do this...but you would need to manually run the action list on each PDF as Pitstop Pro does not have any automation.

That's easily done with an action list. But no, there is no scripting of PitStop. The action lists themselves are a form of scripting.

matt,

You think that I could get an action list to do this? I know i can add the color, KEYLINE. Probably add the box to a certain size. What I figured was out of the realm of possibility was to determine what size the box would be.
IE, on an 8.5 x 11, the size would be different than an 8.5 x 14. I wasn't aware that an EAL would allow that form of intelligence??

There is an action available "add background" that will add a background rectangle to the size specified in the action, this can be the bleed box or the trim box, so it will change depending on the size of the box of the open file. This rectangle can also be set to be a specific color.

As I am not to sure if you want to work with the page boxes or specific objects in your document, I would suggest you send your file and some more details of what you want to achieve to [email protected] so that they can assist you further.

There is an action available "add background" that will add a background rectangle to the size specified in the action, this can be the bleed box or the trim box, so it will change depending on the size of the box of the open file. This rectangle can also be set to be a specific color.

As I am not to sure if you want to work with the page boxes or specific objects in your document, I would suggest you send your file and some more details of what you want to achieve to [email protected] so that they can assist you further.

Jep, that's the action you want to use but you will need to make sure the box size is correct. To do that you can the art box as a placeholder.

Action list would look as follows:
Change art box to trim box
Resize art box ( -.187 on all 4 sides)
Add background to art box (color is KEYLINE)
Remove art box

Cheers,
Bert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back