Pitstop and Pantones

kaiserwilhelm

If I have a PDF that contains Pantone 186 C and I need it to be Pantone 186 U, is there an easy way to change this? Not just for 186. All coated to uncoated names.
Long story that I can expand upon if necessary. However, suffice it to say, I need a C to U solution. If not Enfocus, please point me to anything (Callas??) that might help,
Thanks

you could just make an action (or whatever PitStop calls it)
that changes all Pantone C names to Pantone U
or U to C to do all at once
or
select one item and change it with the inspector flyout
or use global change and pick your new color from the library.

MSD

Both Acrobat and Pitstop Preflight offer you this function, to map all inconsistent spot names to whatever you want, C, CV, CVC, ...

I will go and look at the preflight option. However, I am not really trying to get them all together from inconsistencies. I an trying to literally change ALL coated to uncoated.

This is the way to do it, unless you are talking about alternative color values of the spot, in which case you have to change it per PDF or in workflow, if you have such thing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back