Plate Clamp bars

Is there a specific orientation for the plate clamp bars on an old Heidelberg SORDZ ( circa 1970's )? Our operator took out the plate clamp bar and "reversed it" so that what was orignally at the tail end of the plate now grips the front end of the plate.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the sordz's, but all the presses i've used from 50's meihle to 2008 man 500 had a split clamp at the Tail with/adjustments for fan-out

I'm also not sure about the SORDZ, but the KORD had a split clamp on both the gripper and tail so they were interchangable. The easiest way to tell is to look in the parts book and see if they have the same part number.

Dave

The reason why I am asking is because on our sheet the print is in register on the sides but as you go towards the center of the sheet it starts to go out of register. When they reversed the plate clamp the center part of the sheet was in register but the sides are no longer in register.

not sure about the clamps on this particular press. i would start with replacing plate packing if in fact it was not changed out when the clamps were; we can only hope its that simple; but worth a try

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back