PlateRite 8000 and AGFA Azura TE processless plate

Ulrich

Hello

We would like to try out other plates on our platesetter, including the AGFA Azura TE processless plate in the PlateRite 8000 screen.

The technician asked me in advance for the following information. Maybe someone has the combination in use and can call me the following parameters ?:

About the required laser energy is to read in the technical data sheet about 160mJ, but i can´t find something about:

1) % laser power

2) drum speed

Thank´s a lot in advance

Ulrich

Hi Ulrich,
there is not a single answer to your question, because all depends from the laer condition of your ctp.
The best thing you could do is to invest in a pate measure device such Techkon spectroplate.
So you wll be able not only to calibrate other plates, but also to control your current linearization.
Where I work we use a PT_R 8600 on different plates: Sonora XP, Fujifilm ZP and IPAGSA Klasse NPN4.
To give you an idea, our laser writes them at 900 rpm from 80 to 86%.
Depending on your machine status, these parameters could change, cannot predict how…
We also tested AZURA TE and personally it does not achieve the same level of other plates mentioned above.
Good Luck

G:

Hi Ulrich,
there is not a single answer to your question, ...
hope dies last ;-)

The best thing you could do is to invest in a pate measure device such Techkon spectroplate.
no chance, but we asked the plate vendor of the Kodak plates for assistance and he will send another technician coming with that tool...

So you wll be able not only to calibrate other plates, but also to control your current linearization.
meanwhile - after a discussion with Gordo here in this forum, that change my mind - i´m not convinced anymore of linearization by using a platesetter. (Of course, there is still a need for calibration via toncurves by printing, but there is no need to start with 50% in the data must be 50% on the plate...)

To give you an idea, our laser writes them at 900 rpm from 80 to 86%.
Thank´s a lot for this information!!!

Depending on your machine status, these parameters could change, cannot predict how…
that´s what the tecnician said, but he doesn´t want to start from absolutly zero....

Thank´s again

Ulrich

Speaking about linearization,
I have read that topics on Gordo's blog and from his post.
There are 2 philosophies. Both works, and in my opinion both have strong and weak point.
The only rock point is that Gordo is a wise and expert man and when he speaks, he has all my attention and respect, because he knows prepress like few ever met on the planet!

regarding Gordo i´m with you...

...and you are right, too, with "both philosphies":

In that discussion with him, i tried to explain the sometime neccessarity in a company to prove the printer-department, that the plates, they get from the prepress-section, are consistent, and that alone is much more easier with values very close to 50% than maybe 45,78%...
But at least i had lost that battle not only caused by my bad english... ;-)

Last edited:
Ulrich,

I'll re-phrase the question ! FOGRA/GATF Digital Plate Control Target, used for CtP Imaging Offset Litho Plates.

Regards, Alois

Alois, sorry about My previous answer

we were using an AGFA-Strip for the AGFA P970, now we have already changed to Fuji Superia ZP: but there is no Contrast that that does not make sense anymore...

Of course there will be printed a MAN-Roland-Strip on every sheet .

after the weekend i will have a look to the FOGRA-Strip you kindly suggested.

i am out of the Office now and it is not Really funny to type in english on my Smartphone

thanks for asking!

Last edited:
Hello Ulrich,

I suggest you read the FOGRA publication EXTRA 29 entitled "Possibilities and limits of Process Control when using Low - Process Plates"

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back