plates bad after 5,000

itsaprintshop

I'm wondering if anyone else has a problem similar.

Around 5,000 impressions I turn off the feed and to unload or load up, start going again and the one of the plates start shading up. I always have to end up making new plates.

I use plate material from Printware
chemicals: Emerald JR / 1 oz per gallon.

Most runs are about 3,000 so this doesnt become a problem often.

Any advice?

Thanks

Hi,
I formulated Emerald JR back in the late nineteen-eighties early in the twenty years I spent at Anchor (still a very good product). If you are only running one ounce per gallon, you are not likely to be getting much plate protection when the press is not running. In order to adequately protect the plate from air when the press isn't running, you would want to run three ounces per gallon.

What we have noticed is that you have to keep these very wet. Our pressman wets the plate down before changing the lift. This seemed to do the trick for us.

Agree also, 1oz per gallon is probably much to low. Try running it at 3 oz per gallon at least. If that doesn't work, then I would post again :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back