Please tell me how to install a generic postscript Printer Description File for MacOS

DuaneBryant

I am having to feed an old AGFA Taipan Rip some Separated Postscript Files.

I have a new Mac running newest OS, and am using Acrobat PRO X (10.1.16) to Export the Postscript. The files all have Postscript Errors because I do not have a good driver as part of the default installation.

Please walk me through getting and installing some kind, any kind, of Printer Description File that will let me just Save out a good PostScript file.

Attachments

• photo5251.jpg
    photo5251.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 227
I am having to feed an old AGFA Taipan Rip some Separated Postscript Files.

I have a new Mac running newest OS, and am using Acrobat PRO X (10.1.16) to Export the Postscript. The files all have Postscript Errors because I do not have a good driver as part of the default installation.

Please walk me through getting and installing some kind, any kind, of Printer Description File that will let me just Save out a good PostScript file.

Would anything here work?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Macintosh

I have attached a .zip file full of older Afga PPD's. Drag them all, or which ever ones applyto your specific Agfa device, into your Computer>Library>Printers>PPDs>Contents>Resources. Under Printers & Scanners in your system preferences make a new printer pointed to your device and select the correct PPD out of the one(s) you just installed. After restarting Acrobat you ought to have the correct attributes in the print box under the name of the new printer you created to allow you to print to the device.

I was also reminded by another poster that you may be able to create a custom PPD via your Rip. Years ago when I was using a Viper RIP I was able to make custom PPDs.

Attachments

• AGFA PPDs.zip
    412.3 KB · Views: 263

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back