Polar EMC 92 memory saving problem - Please help

nimeshasilva

I got a problem with newly arrived polar EMC 92 (memory card detachable machine, with 99 programs and 999 cuts, white color buttons with lamps inside)

Its a weird problem and have never came across like it before. That is, "the cut sizes are not saving". the weird thing is, when I press the Record (The "Dot") button, its not saving the size and not giving any error message too. just like I've not press the button. I checked the button contacts and its ok. the memory card is recognized by the CPU. the leftmost display is showing [1 0]. I can change program number with P+ and P- but not the cut number with S+ and S-. there seems no any burnt ICs, it seems the software purposely not saving the sizes. (its somewhat like saving function is turned off) all other functions are working fine (clamp, blade, positioning, etc...)
what will be the problem? anybody came across with this kind of problem before?

and I'm also curious about the two switches on the N-KB card. could not figure out their functionality.

Please help me and I'm very helpless.

Thanks in advance

You have a EMC 1. This machine was build from 1980 to 1981 (in case of 92). This machine is 30 years old and not just arrived. There are no more spare parts available. Mostly the memory banks inside the removable memory box (N-WS) are gone. The left switch is changing between metric and inch display. The right switch is showing the internal compensation during backgauge stop (give you nothing).
Buntpapier

You could try replace the battery inside the memory bank (N-WS) and try refresh it by erasing all the programs(1-98),hope it helps.

please visit my site if you are looking for Polar spare-parts http://www.welvin.com

Welvin Engineering Limited
Simon Yeung

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back