Polar-Mohr Cutter Question

mattf

Hey there. My company has a Polar-Mohr 115 ML and we have had some issues come up recently from it. I have tried to contact Polar-Mohr concerning our issues, but they have not gotten back to me yet.

This cutter is mainly a backup, as we have two newer cutters that work just fine. If we need to make dummies we usually use this cutter. However, sometimes if the other two are being maintained, we use this as a backup to finish cut jobs.

The problem we are faced with is the mainly because of the back gauge of the cutter. The gauge seems to be after many years of use has started to slant back ever so slightly. so instead of being straight like an "|" it is a bit slanted back like "/". Not to that degree, but the bottom of a stack of paper will a lot of times be off by 1/16". I was just wondering if anyone has run into this problem and does anyone know of a solution to fix this type of error?

Thanks a bunch!

We have 2 115-EMC Polar cutters. On these, there is a black knob that is on top of the backgauge that adjusts the "pitch". If you are standing at the back of the machine, loosen the left-hand "ratchet" and turn the knob to adjust. I am not sure which direction leans the back gauge forward or backward - if you have a square, that would probably help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back