Polyester Plates and alcohol

I have an opportunity to pick up an old AB Dick 360 with a super aquamatic system. I run polyester plates imaged on a Laserwriter. The press with this dampning system runs with alcohol. I've heard that alcohol and these plates don't work well, that the alcohol takes off the image. Does anyone know if an alcohol substitute will work instead? Can anyone confirm that alcohol and Laserwriter made plates don't work?

I ran mega plates for years on an ab dick with the alcohol system. You may not get 30 K impressions out of it but I doubt you will notice the alcohol. Both paper and poly. I would not worry about it.

Poly Plates

Poly Plates

Poly plates usually require less surface tension relievers as metal plates. You should lower the dosage of the fount 20-50% sometimes compared to metal plates. We have at Nova our fount FS703 that works excellent with poly plates, also go to Amtech Plates in India for really cheap plates that work with almost any fount and recording laser device set up at 1000-1200 dpi's. For further assitance go into Nova Pressroom Products Home

Jose Colon
Senior Techincal Sales Rep.
Latin America & The Caribbean
[email protected]

360 + polyester + alchohol

360 + polyester + alchohol

We run mitsubishi polyester plates on our 360 using the same fountain solution that we did with metal plates. Alcohol doesn't seem to present any difficulties and the image on the plate holds up quite well. I've run 20000 impressions on a plate without any problems.

pure ink printing

pure ink printing

I am assuming that you are using a polyester laser plate. Alcohol is really not reccomended. What you could try is to experiment and turn the alcohol to the lowest setting while increasing you water. That has worked before.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back