Polyester Plates

Re: Polyester Plates

The main problem with Poly Plates on GTOV or older machines generally comes back to the Clamps, nothing to do with packing, pressures or alignment of the planets.........

On auto plate load machines the front loading clamp is fixed hence when loaded automatically the tension and positioning of the plate is near identical every time, i.e.: QM & SM machines are excellent for Poly.
When plates are loaded automatically, very little adjustment is needed to get the plates registered due to the precision they are placed on the plate cylinder.

This is not the case for GTO clamps. When an existing set of plates are removed, the clamps move/flop around a couple of mm so when the next set of punched plates is put into the clamps ( even from the same DPX for example ) the plates have to be registered together again, by means of push, pulling and cocking the plate in the clamps. This is where the stretching occurs +and it is stretching+ , the clamps are not fixed and the operator tightens the back edge and cocks the plate on each clamp with a slightly different torque. ( We've tried torque spanners, locking the front edge of the clamps etc..)

So as mentioned previously, it comes down to the condition of the clamps, and the quality of your operator and how much finesse he/she can set 4-5-6 plates.

We have both the auto plate and the manual plate Heidelberg Machines.

Re: Polyester Plates

Ok maybee its something to do with the shino clamps, we have used poly plates for near 8 years now and I can tell you not one of the may printers nor the actual technitions have been able to set it up so when plates are loaded they are in near perfect fit, everytime.
The techs and printers know that you can spend a good several hours setting packing/clamps, too get it right, then go ahead and load another set of plates or the same plates for that matter and the fit will be out.
There would be only small minority of people that would think that poly plates don't/can't streach
Any one here that is saying they fit straight up, have you set them up on a shino with auto plate clamps ? if so please please tell me whats the magic trick?

Polyester Plates

Dear Sir,
We manufacture Polyester Plates in India.
If interested please let us know.
Regards
ANIL BOHRA
AMTECH PLATES
Amtech Plates
MUMBAI INDIA
E-MAIL:[email protected]

The main problem with Poly Plates on GTOV or older machines generally comes back to the Clamps, nothing to do with packing, pressures or alignment of the planets.........

On auto plate load machines the front loading clamp is fixed hence when loaded automatically the tension and positioning of the plate is near identical every time, i.e.: QM & SM machines are excellent for Poly.
When plates are loaded automatically, very little adjustment is needed to get the plates registered due to the precision they are placed on the plate cylinder.

This is not the case for GTO clamps. When an existing set of plates are removed, the clamps move/flop around a couple of mm so when the next set of punched plates is put into the clamps ( even from the same DPX for example ) the plates have to be registered together again, by means of push, pulling and cocking the plate in the clamps. This is where the stretching occurs +and it is stretching+ , the clamps are not fixed and the operator tightens the back edge and cocks the plate on each clamp with a slightly different torque. ( We've tried torque spanners, locking the front edge of the clamps etc..)

So as mentioned previously, it comes down to the condition of the clamps, and the quality of your operator and how much finesse he/she can set 4-5-6 plates.

We have both the auto plate and the manual plate Heidelberg Machines.

Ok maybee its something to do with the shino clamps, we have used poly plates for near 8 years now and I can tell you not one of the may printers nor the actual technitions have been able to set it up so when plates are loaded they are in near perfect fit, everytime.
The techs and printers know that you can spend a good several hours setting packing/clamps, too get it right, then go ahead and load another set of plates or the same plates for that matter and the fit will be out.
There would be only small minority of people that would think that poly plates don't/can't streach
Any one here that is saying they fit straight up, have you set them up on a shino with auto plate clamps ? if so please please tell me whats the magic trick?

There's nothing inherently wrong with poly plates if your machine is set up right. We've (auto) loaded 50,000+ over the last few years with perfect fit 99+% of the time. If there's nothing different about your plate material (not sure if there are "thinner" grades that might stretch easier) then you are left with either your techs don't know how to set the plate loaders up right, or the Shino has a fundamental flaw in the design of its plate loaders. Hope that helps.

babs,

We use a Katana 5055 plate maker that uses poly plates. We print newspapers, single web, 2-highs with 4 K units at the other end. I love the katanas and after a few chemical waste problems we had to get taken care of, we have had no problems what so ever.

Poly plates

Poly plates

We ran poly plates for about 18months when we made the move from digital to litho. Stick to metal, our mitsubishi SDP Eco 3 platesetter was appalling, needed cleaning every day, used a shed load of chemistry and the fit would wander all over the shop.

Moved to metal, and bar a few teething issues its been fantastic, plate holds the water much better, we can achieve decent run lengths and best of all we get a nice lump of cash back for scrapping the used plates! Oh and metals a lot cheaper than polyester.

Tim

Quicksetter Password for RIP and Workstation

Quicksetter Password for RIP and Workstation

I hope someone can suggest the passwords for the rip to the quicksetter400 and the workstation

the name is quicksetter but what's the password?

the workstation, name is production but is the password?
i am hoping that there is a generic password for both

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back