PPML from XMPIE to CREO and Fiery

Schwabbbb

Hallo,

I'm using XMPIE and send VDP files as PPML format to CREO. Now I would like to use FIERY but RIP can't extract PPML file. Anybody please help me.

Should I buy new XMPIE for Fiery or adding anything to RIP?

Thanks for advance

:)

Thanks Printease

I had followed as your link already but I don't think this is what I am looking for. I understand how to send PPML file to RIP server but I'm looking for the configuration on XMPIE. What the different when we change the destination from CREO to FIERY are? or Both are same?

If it's different, then how? Do I need to edit the workflow on XMPIE? or what?

I did sent PPML file as zip format by dragging and dropping into hotfolder (hold queue) and I could see my zip file on command workstation but when I started to process the zip file. there was an error pop up. it seems like Fiery doesn't understand this file. I also try this PPML as zip format but created from PSM. the result also same. the same error pop up.

I found that I should use PSM for Fiery. I'm not sure my idea is correct or not. May anyone know this?

I use XMPie and a Fiery on a daily basis and depending on the file I'll either use PPML (Zipped), VPS and sometimes PostScript.

But honestly I use VPS the most. For PPML all the settings should be the same, if you look at the XMPie handbook it will tell you what settings apply to each rip.

please check the PPML version at first. different RIP ad software may support different PPML version. Your action "I did sent PPML file as zip format by dragging and dropping into hotfolder" is definitely right.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back