Prepress ApogeeV5 - Client for MAC....

I have ApogeeX clients installed on 2 Win XP Pro Sp2 and they work great. I've got two clients with OSX 10.5 that doesn't work at all. You can log into it, but no jobs appear and no icons show up in any of the windows. I'm sure that I haven't problem on my Network and the hosts file is created and configurated correctly. I'm connecting the root (platesetter,apogeedatastore and hotfolder) with SMB and DNS, so I have tried to make the connection with IP but Clients doesn't works. The server's operating system is Win2003 on a IBM 2,4x2 quad core.
Please, help me!!!!

Digiservice:

Are you a member of the Apogee User's Forum?
It is a very active and supportive resource.

Although conducted in English, that's obviously
not a problem for you. Contact your local Agfa
sales rep. to get enrolled, if you are not already.

Regards,

Dear Steve,
I've contacted my sales manager but he doesn't know the Apogee User Forum.....
Can u give me some information about?
Thanks a lot!!

I have ApogeeX clients installed on 2 Win XP Pro Sp2 and they work great. I've got two clients with OSX 10.5 that doesn't work at all. You can log into it, but no jobs appear and no icons show up in any of the windows. I'm sure that I haven't problem on my Network and the hosts file is created and configurated correctly. I'm connecting the root (platesetter,apogeedatastore and hotfolder) with SMB and DNS, so I have tried to make the connection with IP but Clients doesn't works. The server's operating system is Win2003 on a IBM 2,4x2 quad core.
Please, help me!!!!

Hi digiservice_it,

Some questions for you...
Do you have the Mac OS X firewall turned off?
How did you enter the data into the hosts file on the Mac?
Do you also have the hosts file configured on all Apogee Prepress server(s) and sat(s)?

What kind of Macs are your 10.5 running on? If they are Mac Pro towers, I have found it helpful to disable all unused network ports (Built In Firewire, Built In Ethernet 2, etc.).

Kind regards,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Hi digiservice_it,

Some questions for you...
Do you have the Mac OS X firewall turned off?
How did you enter the data into the hosts file on the Mac?
Do you also have the hosts file configured on all Apogee Prepress server(s) and sat(s)?

What kind of Macs are your 10.5 running on? If they are Mac Pro towers, I have found it helpful to disable all unused network ports (Built In Firewire, Built In Ethernet 2, etc.).

Kind regards,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Dear Jon
now my Prepress Clients on MAC OSx works fine.
The solution?
A new installation of system on other Hard Disk and the Client starts!!!
And this, without configuration of hosts file on mac......
Agfa Trainer say me that's an isolated case......

Thanks a lot!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back