PrePress client 1.45.15 login error

matthewm

After loading Parallels version 7 on an intel Mac OSX 10.6, I can no longer login to the Apogee Prepress server. The error message is ;

Could not ping prepress client. Is DNS correct?

Answer is yes. I can ping and log into the server via SMB from the Mac. I can ping the client from the server both by name and by IP address. Parallels isn't even running.

Anyone got a clue?

two thoughts:

1) Parallels kind of hijacks network and local ports. Have you configured all the connections in Windows? You may need to map the network drives et cetera. Can you connect when Parallels is not running?

2) You're not running the latest client. Have you tried upgrading?

You're right there Rich, just like it hijacks the DVD drive. Unfortunately the problem exists even when Parallels isn't running and should be no more than static data on a platter. I crawled around the Agfa web site for a while and tried to find a download but couldn't. I'm off support so if this will cost me actual $$ to upgrade the client I'll just re-image the hard disk on the mac and find some alternative for the Parallels/W7/Acrobat X Pro.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back