Preps 5.15 for Mac

Does anyone have an installer for Preps 5.15 they would be willing to share. I'm working with a printer that is on rough times and needs to get Preps up and running because the dongle is busted. I have a dongle that was on a PC but they are running Preps on an old Snow Leopard Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

I've spent a lot of time searching the web for the older installers. The oldest I can find are V7.1. Kodak won't help because V5.x is EOL.

I have version 5.3.3 installer, will it be good for him?
BTW, if the dongle is busted, will it work?

Does anyone have an installer for Preps 5.15 they would be willing to share. I'm working with a printer that is on rough times and needs to get Preps up and running because the dongle is busted. I have a dongle that was on a PC but they are running Preps on an old Snow Leopard Mac. Any help would be appreciated.
This might be a two-step process for you. Snow Leopard is an OS that was rolled out in 2009, so it may be worthwhile upgrading the OS. A local Mac tech can usually do this for short money, maybe $100. I just did this on a couple of older Macs and it gave them new life. One (a 27" iMac) is ten years old, another one is older (15"MacBook Pro) and was running Leopard. Plus, both can now run other newer software. Worth exploring....

This might be a two-step process for you. Snow Leopard is an OS that was rolled out in 2009, so it may be worthwhile upgrading the OS. A local Mac tech can usually do this for short money, maybe $100. I just did this on a couple of older Macs and it gave them new life. One (a 27" iMac) is ten years old, another one is older (15"MacBook Pro) and was running Leopard. Plus, both can now run other newer software. Worth exploring....
The issue is the version of Preps and the dongle. I've search for system requirements for Preps 5.15 and there doesn't seem to be much out there. I found one hit(can't find it now) that said it would run on Win 2000 and Win 2003 server and Mac OS 10.5 Leopard. I know it will run under Snow Leopard because I've bee running it. I'm not sure if I understand your suggestion to upgrade the Mac. My hardware tells me I can't upgrade. Are you suggesting there are people that can put a newer OS on the iMac locked at Snow Leopard? Maybe this solution will run newer software but will the 5.15 dongle accomadate? BTW this company has several Macs that are up to date with El Capitan, Catalina and High Sierra but they will not run Preps 5.15.

I have version 5.3.3 installer, will it be good for him?
BTW, if the dongle is busted, will it work?
Her dongle is fragile to the point that she's afraid to touch it. I have a dongle and matching serial number for Preps 5.15 that I'm willing to give her. I just need a Mac installer. She doesn't have installer. Long story.

Attached is Preps 5.3 Release Notes file.
It states MacOS X 10.4 "Tiger" is the relevant OS.

Attachments

• Preps 5.3.x Series Release Notes - EN.pdf
    719.5 KB · Views: 674
A dongle that works for any Preps 5 version will work on all versions of Preps 5.

Preps 5 will run on versions of OS X up through Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard is the last version that will run Preps 5.x.

Thanks every one for your response. I was provided an installer and life is good. It appears to be working on Snow Leopard. Oddly enough I have a couple PowerMac G5 machines here under Tiger if I have to move backward.

Much obliged!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back