Preps 5.3-The splash screen displays Hardware key 00000 instead of your dongle number

tbowat

Having issues with the splash screen of preps 5.3.3 displaying hardware key as 00000 instead of dongle number. Mac OS is 10.6.5. I found information in the Kodak knowledge base about this issue, however I can't find the files uninstallerdriver.app or installerdriver.app
in the Extras/safenet/ folder that the solution talks about. Does anyone know where to find these files? If I unplug the dongle and plug it back in it usually works, but I would like a fix.
Thanks

Happens to me often - usually if I leave Preps running for a long period of time (more than an hour or so without using it.) Unplugging/replugging the dongle never works for me - I am forced to do a restart of the Mac.

I read somewhere that downgrading Preps to 5.1.3 fixes the issue, but I haven't tried it yet. I also don't know what if any features would be lost in doing so.

My Preps 5.3.3 on an IMac with 10.5.8 behaves a lot like DCurry's. But I often can get it going again by just restarting Preps. Although there are also times when only a restart of the Mac will get it going again.

Al

Do you have your Mac set to sleep after a certain amount of time and if so, does the problem occur after the Mac has went to sleep? I never had this problem on our Macs running OS 10.5.x using a dongle but I always turn sleep off on all of our Macs. I can't test it now because we switched to the FLIM license for Preps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back