Preps Licensing

Call salesperson again and tell how far that suggestion got you, and that you consider this very poor service. If you are annoyed, don't try to hide it.

Al

Thanks for the moral support, Al. I made my displeasure clear. Once I told them to just cancel the order, they jumped and delivered the product immediately. I kind of knew they wouldn't let me cancel easily (Kodak is the only company I know of that makes you sign a contract just to purchase a software upgrade). The only real bummer is that I found out too late about the above technique for reviving 5.3, (moving that elusive .lock file does the trick). So now I have my trusted - if dated - Preps 5, as well as the new and somewhat daunting version 6. Oh well.

I have upgraded Preps 5.2 to 5.3 and now I can no longer open up 5.2.
I get an error that says all licenses are in use. I get this message, with no other copies of Preps running. I want to have the option to go back to 5.2 if I need to for reason. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

-Sev

Don't know about your particular installation, but when I upgraded to 5.3, the install came with a couple of little scripts "rollback to 5.3.0" and "Rollback to 5.3.1" that are just sitting in the Preps application folder. If those work, re-upgrading to 5.2 should be no problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back