Preps Plus?

pkrk_2000

Hello all,

We currently run Trueflow 7 on a Windows server.

We recently inherited a press and the prepress compute(XP)r for that press.

We are trying to get the templates from that station exported and imported into our Trueflow setup.

The prepess station that we'd like to export templates from was using Creo's Workshop and Virtual Proofer and we believe links to Preps Plus 3.0.3.1

Anyone already cross this road?

Hey, just to clarify:

Do you have Preps template files? If these are .tpl files, you will need to 1) open those impositions on Preps, 2) create again these jobs, and 3) print the jobs (.job) as JDF.

If you have the JDFs already, so this task it will be even more easier: go to Trueflow > Maintenance tools > Open Imposition Interface and import the JDFs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying.

I'm checking it out now. One of my issues is that I'm not exactly sure what I'm working with.
Preps... Preps Plus... the same thing?

Still searching for any .tpl and .jdf files. I have found a folder with .pjtf files and ps files which leads me to believe that my suspicion that the Preps involved here is not the Preps most people know(?)

No, you found the correct files.

Pjtf are in fact, the another type of files exported from Preps, and the PS with the same name of the pjtfs also are needed to import your impositions to Trueflow.

Instead of importing JDFs, try to import the PJtfs to Trueflow and see if it works. If not, may you need to go back to Preps.

See how far you can go with PJTFs and post your results.

Regards,

Adobe Job Ticket (or Portable Job Ticket Format - PJTF) it is really the Preps Job imposition. With the PS attached, you will be able to impose a job using this imposition.

The JDF it is a step further: is an xml-based file compatible with other standards (i.e. CIP3), but also compatible with PJTF. It will work fine also with the PS, and seems that you have both

So, I think you really need to import these template files despite the fact that your may use a ROOM workflow (Rip Once Output Many).

Did you tried to import at least one PJTF to see if it is working?

Regards,

I went back and tried to open some tpl that I found that seem to correspond to the pjtf/ps files and Preps said that those templates were not preps templates.

So Creos's Workshop and Virtual proofer are different than Preps software even though they pull from some Preps Plus 3.0.3.1(?)

If I'm understanding correctly what you are saying, you can't open a .tpl on Virtual Proof System or even on Creo Prinergy Workshop. Do you have Preps installed? If yes, which version?

If you are trying to open these templates on Preps and Preps can't open, maybe you need a newer version, like Preps 4 or even 5.

If you dont have Preps, you will need to use the PJTFs importing as is to your Trueflow.....

By the way, answering your another question, Preps templates created originally in Preps Pro may it will not open in Preps Plus.

Sorry to confuse you.

We have Preps 5.3 on the station. - A previous prepress employees claims that they did not utilize it.
They utilized Workshop and Virtual Proof system. When in Workshop, if you go to an applications window, it looks like it connects to a "Preps Plus" version 3.0.3.1. I believe from what I've been told and I from what I think I see, that those pjtf and .ps files that I found in an imposition folder have nothing to do with "Preps 5.3".

Anyone have anything else to add?

J thanks for your help. is there somewhere on here where I'm supposed to give you a "helpful" ranking to my questions?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back