PReS (PrintSoft)

presconnections

There seems to be a shortage of PReS help and information on the internet, PReS is a great scripting language for high speed variable printing.

I have put a Forum together to try and see who is out there programming in PReS, which can serve as a meeting point and hopefully a problem solver from when I get stuck !!!!

If you’re interested in PReS or already using it take a look, the more information posted the easier PReS programming becomes...

PReS Connections - Bringing People Together

Let me know what you think.

PReS is a software system for the design, composition and printing of high quality personalised documents on any media – paper or electronic, quickly and easily. It has an open architecture, a range of easy-to-use set-up tools and production speed that makes it the system of choice for the high-volume creation of personalised documents.

we can also use PReS Designer EasyMailer

Is PreS multi-threading, what I mean is "can we run more than one PreS program at same time, in same computer."

G'day Naresh, Lousider isn't exactly correct.

As well as running Print Controls for different PDLs on the one PC, you can run up to 4 Print Controls of a particular PDL too. You must have a license for each of the Print Controls you want to run at the same time (unless you set Nul Driver for that particular iteration).

The new version PReS 6.0 also takes a lot more advatage of the inbuilt multi-threading abilities within Windows too.

The new MPReS Scheduler (MPS) also has the ability to automate the control of multiple Print Controls too. In the old days we used to use PDC --> DFS --> PDC etc, however now it can (and should) all be done in MPS.

I hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back