Presetting ink keys for an older Komori web

kenthekid

We have older "System 38" Komori webs, (probably 20+ yrs old), and would like to try to set them up presetting the ink keys for, obviously, faster makereadys. We already have other, newer web presses already using a CLC system,
(CIP3), and have been extremely successful with that system. What we would like to do is possibly, using either the
CIP3 to preset the keys, or if there's another workaround utilizing Prinergy to create maybe a printout or something
that could be used to preset the keys per print job. I realize that this is probably a long shot, but with some of the technology being used today, maybe someone has come up with something without having an expensive retro-fit for the press.

We use InkReady from Ultimate Technographics to send out CIP3 data to the Speedmaster, but you can print the cmyk presetting diagrams on A4 sheets on a laser printer and give these sheets to the pressman.

We have older "System 38" Komori webs, (probably 20+ yrs old), and would like to try to set them up presetting the ink keys for, obviously, faster makereadys. We already have other, newer web presses already using a CLC system,
(CIP3), and have been extremely successful with that system. What we would like to do is possibly, using either the
CIP3 to preset the keys, or if there's another workaround utilizing Prinergy to create maybe a printout or something
that could be used to preset the keys per print job. I realize that this is probably a long shot, but with some of the technology being used today, maybe someone has come up with something without having an expensive retro-fit for the press.

A low cost solution for presetting ink keys.

Presspercent At Excourse PressPerCent Information

It costs $250. Look and see if it meets your immediate needs.

presetting the ink keys by your phone

presetting the ink keys by your phone

I use my phone and just take a photo of the keys ?:D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back