PressCheck Compare Software

tsfx

Good Day,
I have a customer that states when we send them a finished product, they compare it in an automated system that checks it against the master, digital copy. The two images are compared and show a 'sort of' negative visual of the inconsistencies in print v. master.

I have searched all over. Does anyone know of a type of program that would show the differences of master PDF to final print?

Good Day,
I have a customer that states when we send them a finished product, they compare it in an automated system that checks it against the master, digital copy. The two images are compared and show a 'sort of' negative visual of the inconsistencies in print v. master.

I have searched all over. Does anyone know of a type of program that would show the differences of master PDF to final print?
Interesting question. I would be also very interested in how the comparison is done. If they are scanning one or both images with an RGB scanner, then that would not be able to compare colours.

If they are scanning with a device that measures colours by capturing the spectral data (curves) of the points in the images, then that would be interesting to know. Epson does have a camera they claim can do this. It captures spectral data for points in the image. They promote it as a device for use in industry to measure if the product is matching a target.

Please let us know what you eventually find. Thanks.

Probably just a digital comparator software like EyeC or Global Vision. Those are the leaders. There was a lesser company that had a software that did the comparison in a negative format. Can't recall the name. At the time it wasn't sophisticated enough so we went with EyeC. It's for content, I doubt it's doing anything with color other than flagging an area where the contrast may differ enough to consider it a defect.

Edit: The company is Complete Inspection Systems

Last edited:
Thank you so much, everyone. I think the EyeC is the product I am looking for. All of this feedback really helped me out. Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back