Pressroom Hours

gman

Due to printing being as little as is here in northeast, (conn.) our hours went from 40 to 35 and I'm certain they're going down to 32...anyone else have this...gman

from everything ive been hearing a reduction in hours is happening all over the place in commercial printing. Thats why im making the switch to packaging!!!

Things are getting slow in the midwest also, but we're still working 40 hrs a week for now.

We're a commercial printer in the midwest and it seems like we don't have enough hours in the day to complete our work. We're working every weekend and have 3 shifts.

This is the trend we went to 32s 18 months ago and then went back to 40

I have a feeling 32s are around the corner

we just shaved the bindery to 35s

we're having drastic feast to famine swings here in the midwest. We usually have an "unlimited" hours plan, but the last few months OT has been cut. We're a small size commercial printer, but we've got a pretty stable niche market that we cater to. Newsletters and Packaging seem to be our bread and butter lately though. the slow times have been spaced out just enough to let us get some maintenance in and unwind for a few days. Hope everything gets better soon.

I work for an In-Plant and if it wasn't for our parent company we would have very little work. I do multiple jobs which also helps me get OT every week.

The last two years I've been learning to estimate and that's a rough world right there.

I am in Arkansas so I guess that's the mid-west but I assume to call it the south.

hours

hours

Due to printing being as little as is here in northeast, (conn.) our hours went from 40 to 35 and I'm certain they're going down to 32...anyone else have this...gman

not only reduced hours but I just started working for a carton printer in NJ and have a week off already after working only 2 weeks!! I thought carton and packaging would be a little safer.........

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back