Presstek 34di questions

wprinting

This just started...On unit #2, the blanket jam detector sensor keeps popping up on screen at start up. I clean it and then it goes away for the remainder of the day, but the next day it appears again and it is not dirty. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue in the past and if there is a good solve for it. I should mention this is the sensor behind the blanket cleaning unit on the second tower above delivery. To get to it you have to take the blanket cleaning unit out.

Also, both blanket cleaning units need to be adjusted or something. Sometimes, I have to clean the blankets two or three times before they are clean. Thus wasting time so I stop the press and clean them manually.

I followed the instructions on cleaning the blanket units from the operator manual and noticed the sponge roller in the units. I followed the cleaning procedure for the sponge roller and other componets of the unti as described in the manual, but to me both sponge roller and rubber roller look worn, how often do you change the sponge roller and rubber roller? I believe mine are factory originals and are about 3 years old.

Another issue: the ink keys. I know we have to keep them very clean and lubricated. In another post, I was told to clean them and use WD-40 on them. I have and they seem to be better, but i still have 1 or 2 that want to stick while "stirring" and I keep them extremely clean, ink free and lubricated and still have them stick. I dont want to run stirring and burn a motor so i usually stop stirring and solve the issue before i start stirring again. My question is why is this an ongoing issue?

Hi
the blanket sensor probably just needs recalibrating.

Yes the sponge rollers do wear out, ours lasted a 18months i think, and yes the rubber will need resetting occasionally.

The ink key is likely just gummed up, it will probably need stripping and servicing then maintain it with the srpay oil i mentioned, ours have been fine but i would not strip it myself.

Dave

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back