Prinect 2011, Ink keys and the Press console

RVNG

Hi Folks,

We have Prinect 2011 with a Heidelberg XL105

Wondering if anyone has input on this one... when ink keys on a SW job get sent to the Press console each side comes over as a separate job. This leaves the Pressman to have to back out fully after printing one side, 'finish' the job on the console, and then reload the back side as a separate job - Does anyone have any idea how to have the ink keys for both sides of a SW job come in under one job#?

thanks,
Christian

it doesn't work that way with prinect.... when the job(front and back) is sent in one file, it is meant for 4 over 4 color printing on an 8 unit press. If your press is a 4 unit press, you will have to load each side separately.

you will need to set up prinect correctly... there is a check box in your imposition output device... sheet preview generation. Check the box that says Front and Back in one File.
That will take care of it.

Last edited:
it does, but the job will still be sent to the press as two files, so it will need to be loaded twice... this will only make it go to the shooter as one file.

Hello all,

What is a "SW Job" ????

Regards, Alois

"SW" is sheetwise, meaning a front on one side of the sheet, and a back on the other side of the sheet. In our case, we call the front side the "A" side, and the back side the "B" side.

-Sev

you will need to set up prinect correctly... there is a check box in your imposition output device... sheet preview generation. Check the box that says Front and Back in one File.
That will take care of it.

Thanks Boneck,

Yes, I see the setting but it is greyed out because the CIP4 standard is checked. If I change to CIP3 the setting becomes available, but then the sequence reports an error when generating ink keys. Why would CIP4 not allow for Front/Back file transmission I wonder?

Christian.

capture1.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back