Prinect MetaDimension RIP

RVNG

Does anyone know if the Prinect MetaDimension RIP has the Adobe PDF Print Engine 2 under the hood? System was bought new in 2010 (I think).

Thanks,
RG

Nevermind, the Heidelberg website says as much, I will assume this was the case a few years ago as well. Sorry to bother anyone.

Hi RVNG,

If it was bought new from Heidelberg in 2010, it would have the PDF Print Engine in addition to the CPSI.

Regards,

Mark

My recollection is that when I purchased my MetaDimension upgrade the Adobe PDF print engine is available but activating it required purchasing an addtional license.

Bill

When we bought it, it came in as standard installation, no additional activations or licenses.

Depending when you purchased Meta, it may or may not come with APPE. Once APPE was released to us, we incorporated it into the next version of Meta as standard along with the latest Postscript rip. If you bought Meta before then, it can be purchased as an option when you upgrade to a Meta version that supports it.

Regards,

Mark

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back