Prinect server is not accessible

Hopkins Printing

Hi all,

After installing Cockpit client (v10) on a PC running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) with 4GB of memory, the client takes well over 4 minutes to show the login screen. Then I get a "Prinect server is not accessible" error regardless of which user name/password I try. The PC is on a domain while the server is on a workgroup.

I've added host entries to both server and PC.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks so much,
hp

Last edited:
No ideas but I believe either Prinect does not like virtual environment or you have issue with your network/server.
We are on the latest version 2012 and we went virtual for the first time.
We are getting the same error as you that we never had before, usually couple of minutes after first start of cockpit, but we dismiss it and continue and it works fine.
In general, cockpit is slower than before and we have these "stalls" occasionally but nothing like what you are experiencing.

Prinect is very network dependant and sensitive so I am looking at that as a potential culprit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back