Prinect signa pack pro

MxPrepress

Hello
Anyone had experience with Signa Pack Pro?
We have to decide if just buy The actualization to Prinect Signa Station 13 (render) with or without the option for packaging.
The HB guys installed a demo of Signa Pack Pro and I we think its too complicated tu use.
We what to make sure the cost it´s worth.

We are printers of packaging, until now we use Signa Station to repit the 1ups.

Any help is appreciated.

You def should get the packaging option for signa. My opinion, is it's a no brainer. We have a CAD dept that sends me CF2 files and everything is drag and drop. I love it. !!!!
The Pro is an additional option. If you have a CAD department you don't need many of the options in Packaging Pro.

I am also playing around with a demo version of Packaging pro. The Packaging Pro option seems like it can do it all. Yes it seems complicated, but designing folding cartons is just that! The sheet optimizer is pretty powerful. Masking (clipping Paths), bleeds, presetting data for the gluers, and lots more!! The tools are there just need to learn how to use them. Get yourself a WEB-Ex with HB and it might not seem as complicated as you think. The 3D softproof PDF files are just flat out awesome !! Send one of those bad boys to your client and they will love it !!

Good luck.
Glad to see a fellow packaging guy using Heidelberg. Good stuff !!

Take a look at Phoenix. You'll find it much easier and friendlier. If you really need 3D functionality in prepress look at Esko Studio. What CAD software are you using Artios, Impact, etc? That likely already has 3D capabilities in it.

I loved Signa when I worked in commercial printing. For packaging it's like just they glued a bunch packaging functionality onto the commercial printing version of Signa. I hated it for packaging compared to the alternatives.

Last edited:
*Disclaimer: I work at Tilia Labs, maker of Phoenix

Signa could provide you with what you are looking for but you might find Phoenix to be better suited to your needs as it was designed specifically for package and label printers and has a number of intuitive features designed to reduce time and errors found in carton printing. I also want to mention that Phoenix 3.0 was just released yesterday and has a number of new additions including cost auto ganging, cost analysis and more.

If you are interested we would be happy to give you an online demo or provide you with a trial copy. Just contact me at [email protected].

Best of luck!

Thanks for your comments. I take a look on Phoenix thanks.
Exploring the Esko option, Its cost 3 times more than SignaPack, but its modular and we may start wtih Imaging Engine-Flex-Rip Base, FlexRip to CTP Imagesetter, personal automation Engine, Job management Module, Reporting & 3D module, Processor Module and Layout Module. The Esko guys said me that Its that what I need for start. Cause Im must not exceed the bugdet.
We have ArtiosCad, maybe ArtiosCAD layout Tools may needed.
Definitely No SIgnaPack.

Another Question cross mi mind, We have to rebuilding all the anterior jobs made in Signa when we have Esko Automation Engine? Or I can imagine that we have both sistems to send to Prinect Shootter for imaging plates?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back