Prinegy and Preps together, good or bad works

urbis72

Hi folks, be little debate?

I use the Prinergy workflow Workshop 6.1 and Preps 7

How do you like the work Prinergy and Preps together?

Do Prinergy can operate without preps, with another program?

How is it that there is no possibility Preps montage display both front and back at once?

Last edited:
You can use other imposition software with Prinergy for sure.
We are succesfully using Signa Station from Heidelberg with Prinergy, officially nobody will support it, though.

I believe Preps 6 did add the feature to display the front and back of a flat together. There's an opacity slider that allows you to look "through" the front.

There's a possibility, but there is no possibility of at once to be seen first and second sides.
Also in Preps is unread display of pages and measures the imposition

I believe Preps 6 did add the feature to display the front and back of a flat together. There's an opacity slider that allows you to look "through" the front.

I'm sorry about, "English" but well you understood what I meant.
I tried to see how it works.

I'll write you the result when I try :)

Not sure what you mean by that, but we make Prinergy pjtf from Signa and import into Prinergy, assign pages, ad so on...

We use an old version of Signe in 2.0.11
and unfortunately I do not see any option to export it to pjtf

Not sure what you mean by that, but we make Prinergy pjtf from Signa and import into Prinergy, assign pages, ad so on...

There's a possibility, but there is no possibility of at once to be seen first and second sides.
Also in Preps is unread display of pages and measures the imposition

Do you have virtual proofing set up in your process templates? You should be able to check the back up using Prinergy Virtual Proofing. There is a slider within there that allows you to view both sides of the signature.
I am have this option using Prinergy workshop 5.1.2.3. I am assuming that your version would has this feature as well.

We use an old version of Signe in 2.0.11
and unfortunately I do not see any option to export it to pjtf

Wow, I never used such an old version.
We are on latest version 20013, but from what I remember that option was in every version we used, since 3.5 on.
You have to create Output parameter set and there you define what do you want to be output, PDF, JDF, Pjtf, etc..

I hope this helps.

I have a virtual proofing, but this is not it, (the reason that you have to put to make and then you have to open the program to see it)
I like the option to SIGNA, where in realtime have a preview both sides

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/7583/Xm2TvZ.jpg

Do you have virtual proofing set up in your process templates? You should be able to check the back up using Prinergy Virtual Proofing. There is a slider within there that allows you to view both sides of the signature.
I am have this option using Prinergy workshop 5.1.2.3. I am assuming that your version would has this feature as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back