Prinergy EVO PDF Proofs

doglover

We have a job that prints at a newsprint shop which uses Prinergy Evo. Our customer requires low resolution PDF proofs, or "eproofs", which are posted on the shops FTP site, and our customer downloads. However, they are always high resolution, single page PDFs, and it takes him hours to download them.

Does anyone know if it is possible to publish a low resolution PDF proof out of Prinergy Evo without having to re-rip the files? I know it can be done in Prinergy Connect, because that is what we are using, and just thought it should be possible in Evo too. The prep manager at the shop claims it can't be done. I told her I would look into it.

Thanks for any help on this.

Lo-res PDF in EVO

Lo-res PDF in EVO

You can definitely make lo-res PDFs from your refined PDF in EVO. Just make a new template like you would in Connect. The basic engine in EVO and Connect is the same.

Sejer

You do have to re-rip the files, but its not a big deal. Evo will not create low and hi-res from the same action, like Connect will, unless you create a workflow for it. I wouldn't bother though. Just drop the source PS or PDF onto your refine process template, and then again onto your low res process template.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back