Prinergy is dead: They are laying off the dev team

If software testing goes to Israel then muslim countries will not be able to communicate.

As a cultural sidebar, interestingly, when I worked at Creo, whenever a potential CtP customer was from a primarily Muslim country (e.g. Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc.) their concern was to meet with representatives who were not Jewish, even though they knew that the CEO, and other members of the Creo executive were. So they never met Amos Michelson or Dan Gelbart. Their loss. Even so, more often than not, they still bought the equipment.

best, gordon p

All I can say as one of the 6 million unemployed Americans....God Bless America & Kodak. Thanks for your support!

Maybe we can talk Kodak into selling Brisque to someone willing to develop it. Unix is a much better platform than Windoze.

Job opportunities

Job opportunities

Ex or soon to be ex Prinergy developer? I've received a job opportunity for developers in a B2B company. Contact me at pritchardgordon @ gmail (dot) com and I'll pass on the contact info.

best, gordon p

Last edited:
OFF TOPIC re: cultural sidebar

OFF TOPIC re: cultural sidebar

The religious/political BS sucks. Avoiding contact with Jewish technology is a sham. They certainly should know how much of the technology innovation for processors, chips, cellphones etc. comes from Israel. How many Jews can you pretend to boycott when you are using technology developed in Israel by Intel, IBM, Motorola, Cisco, Microsoft, etc.?

stephen

Yes, there is a distinction and I got that wrong. It's much better to avoid (insert ethnic) people, not (insert ethnic) technology...ouch. Somehow it still just doesn't sit right.

Regardless, we have to feel for those losing their jobs, no matter where the work is sent.

stephen

I think that the topic of this thread may be a bit misleading to some.

It's not that Kodak is intending to kill Prinergy.

As Jon Bracken noted: "In fact, the company's commitment to KODAK PRINERGY Workflow Systems and to its entire Unified Workflow portfolio has never been stronger."

Instead, what may happen as the result of Kodak's move of Prinergy development to China and Israel is the death of Prinergy much in the way that Quark's move of Xpress development to India pretty much killed that product and opened wide the door to Adobe's InDesign.

A small but important distinction.

FL

I think this statement earlier by what seems to be a Kodak person is what is most telling...

As you may know, earlier this year, Kodak formed a new business entity, called the Business Solutions and Services Group, to better deliver solutions in our digital world. The strategy behind the group is to enable customers to do more, increase efficiency and grow their businesses – print and enterprise – through offering integrated solutions, consultation and implementation services, enterprise marketing asset management and security, print workflow software, document capture software and hardware and overall service and support.
Seems like the focus at Kodak is changing... more corporate communications/digital printing and less commercial print and prepress.

Just my observation.

Michael

Prinergy is Dead?

Prinergy is Dead?

FYI to the pitbull who tenaciously come up with incredibly irrelevant information....

Prinergy isn't close to dead.

God forbid Kodak, in the interest of keeping itself financially sound, moves development and some code writing around to spots that make more sense...

Prinergy is still the number one workflow for Commercial Offset, Digital, and high-end inkjet applications.

It is still winning placement at a very comfortable rate over all its competitors.

Portal Products still have the same , award winning, develpment team working out of Vancouver. Keeping them there made sense.....unlike the Rhodes Scholar who stated Prinergy is dead.

Sounds like somebody either owns or sells one of the award winning competitive products to Prinergy.....eh?

I was talking to someone yesterday who pointed out this history of Prinergy. Prinergy was originally from Creo, Creo purchased Scitex, and some of the features of Prinergy came from Scitex. From what I was told Scitex was originally developed in Israel and Kodak has been having some issues with getting certain things added or fixed. Going back to the original developers might solve the problem???

I was talking to someone yesterday who pointed out this history of Prinergy. Prinergy was originally from Creo, Creo purchased Scitex, and some of the features of Prinergy came from Scitex. From what I was told Scitex was originally developed in Israel and Kodak has been having some issues with getting certain things added or fixed. Going back to the original developers might solve the problem???

I believe Prinergy was developed by Heidelberg with (or purchased by) Creo.
If we are going back to Israel lets restart the Brisque and bring it up to date!

Industry update

Industry update

FYI workflow fans. It seems that Esko, a major workflow supplier in the packaging market, announced:

EskoArtwork opens its new development centre in Bangalore
Friday, November 06, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Gent (Belgium) - EskoArtwork has further strengthened its systems integration development and E-support operation by opening new premises in Bangalore, India. The 6,000sq ft office will enable EskoArtwork's team of programmers, software developers and application engineers to extend the systems integration capabilities and E-support services to customers around the world.

EskoArtwork has been active in India since 1996, and for the first ten years focused on developing commercial opportunities in the domestic market. In 2007, the company established the Global Resources Centre (GRC), which concentrates primarily on providing support for sophisticated systems integration projects that are mainly originated in Europe and North America. With India taking an ever-more important role in the global economy, establishing a larger operation in the territory is a logical step in EskoArtwork's growth strategy.

"The enlarged Bangalore operation represents a next phase in EskoArtwork's growth strategy. India is one of the world's fastest-growing business territories, so it's vital we have a strong presence in the region – not just from a sales perspective, but also from a development and global support standpoint," comments Carsten Knudsen, CEO of EskoArtwork. "The new premises underline our commitment to investing in the Global Resources Centre. We're dedicated to attracting the region's talented IT professionals and providing customers worldwide with exemplary technical support."

"Our Bangalore operation gives us a number of significant benefits," explains Dinesh Chandra, Managing Director of EskoArtwork's India Subsidiary. "India is a significant market, and by expanding our office we're perfectly placed to develop new commercial opportunities in the region. India is furthermore a sophisticated IT hub, and with anticipated continued growth of EskoArtwork we will now be in the position to recruit additional IT professionals."

EskoArtwork's Indian operation has 40 staff, who are divided in two areas: software developers and printing and packaging application engineers. The teams' activities are concentrated on:
• Systems integration: highly skilled developers integrate EskoArtwork software applications with Enterprise solutions like ERP/MIS/PLM systems. As the availability of internet-based solutions continues to grow, so does the demand for effective systems integration to help businesses boost efficiency and increase productivity.
• Global e–support: a dedicated team of application engineers provide internet-based support via a number of communications channels, such as instant chat, knowledge base and 24/7 call handling.

Is ColorScope dead?

Originally, Prinergy was co developed by Heidelberg and Creo.

Regards,

Mark

I believe Prinergy was developed by Heidelberg with (or purchased by) Creo.
If we are going back to Israel lets restart the Brisque and bring it up to date!

"Outsourced" is an extremely good movie that uses outsourcing to propel the story line.

Cover.jpg

The trailer is here: YouTube - OUTSOURCED movie trailer

Well worth trying to get through your local video source.

best, gordo

FYI workflow fans. It seems that Esko, a major workflow supplier in the packaging market, announced:

EskoArtwork opens its new development centre in Bangalore
Friday, November 06, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Gent (Belgium) - EskoArtwork has further strengthened its systems integration development and E-support operation by opening new premises in Bangalore, India. The 6,000sq ft office will enable EskoArtwork's team of programmers, software developers and application engineers to extend the systems integration capabilities and E-support services to customers around the world.

EskoArtwork has been active in India since 1996, and for the first ten years focused on developing commercial opportunities in the domestic market. In 2007, the company established the Global Resources Centre (GRC), which concentrates primarily on providing support for sophisticated systems integration projects that are mainly originated in Europe and North America. With India taking an ever-more important role in the global economy, establishing a larger operation in the territory is a logical step in EskoArtwork's growth strategy.

"The enlarged Bangalore operation represents a next phase in EskoArtwork's growth strategy. India is one of the world's fastest-growing business territories, so it's vital we have a strong presence in the region – not just from a sales perspective, but also from a development and global support standpoint," comments Carsten Knudsen, CEO of EskoArtwork. "The new premises underline our commitment to investing in the Global Resources Centre. We're dedicated to attracting the region's talented IT professionals and providing customers worldwide with exemplary technical support."

"Our Bangalore operation gives us a number of significant benefits," explains Dinesh Chandra, Managing Director of EskoArtwork's India Subsidiary. "India is a significant market, and by expanding our office we're perfectly placed to develop new commercial opportunities in the region. India is furthermore a sophisticated IT hub, and with anticipated continued growth of EskoArtwork we will now be in the position to recruit additional IT professionals."

EskoArtwork's Indian operation has 40 staff, who are divided in two areas: software developers and printing and packaging application engineers. The teams' activities are concentrated on:
• Systems integration: highly skilled developers integrate EskoArtwork software applications with Enterprise solutions like ERP/MIS/PLM systems. As the availability of internet-based solutions continues to grow, so does the demand for effective systems integration to help businesses boost efficiency and increase productivity.
• Global e–support: a dedicated team of application engineers provide internet-based support via a number of communications channels, such as instant chat, knowledge base and 24/7 call handling.

Is ColorScope dead?

Difference here is that this is just for the Esupport system that they are developing. All current and future prepress products are still being developed in Belgium.

Love it how that quote was posted by a Kodak employee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back