Prinergy (TIFF) to Tiff catcher PC

Hagar_uk

Hi,

Hoping someone here might be able to help Trying to get Prinergy to send tiff files to a Windows 7 Box.

Tiff catcher PC box is configured with share, has ARAXI user added and process plan all working.
and if you send a set of CMYK plates down it all works like a charm.

However

Send more than 4 plates down, the Prinergy has a moment and error, then it can no longer see any shared folders on the tiff catcher PC, until the Tiff catcher is restarted.
When the the tiff catcher is in this situation, the Prinergy PC can ping the tiff catcher successfully, but not see the shares.

Yet another Windows 7 PC can still see the shares and send files

Issue is not with the tiff catcher software, as even switched off the same error happens.

When sending files from the Prinergy Box and error of Not Enough Server Storage is seen

I understand it is probably not a Prinergy/Tiff catcher software issue, but an odd OS relating thing.

Anyone have any idea? I have had an initial look at the IRPStackSize, which did not seem to have en effect.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

We have the same problem with Prinergy connecting to our Indigo RIP which is also on Windows 7. Prinergy will randomly disconnect and yet other servers and machines am an still see the shares. I'm convinced it has something to do with how the Kodak servers are configured because it's only on the those servers that the weird disconnects occur.

The best thing to do is to restart the Windows "Server" service on the Windows box - it keeps you from having to do a reboot and Prinergy should see the shares after the service restarts. I know that doesn't solve the underlying issue but it's a faster fix than rebooting your TIFF catcher machine

We have disconnects from Prinergy to two Windows 7 machines where the one-bit tiffs are going for plate output. Though not as frequently as the OP describes. On a good week it may happen once a week. On a bad week it will happen once a day. I too am convinced it is a Windows 7 problem as we never had any issues like this with XP, Vista or Windows 8(.1).

Thanks for everyone feedback, I have made some initial progress, I set the IRPStackSize Registry entry (by default there is not one) to value of 50 - decimal and also set a security settings LAN Manager Authentication level, which I think was a red herring, but kept it anyway.

I then found another issue, which is the Prinergy does not just export files, it creates a sub folder saves the files to that subfolder then moves it out and removed the subfolder. If your tiff catcher automatically processes sub folders and files inside, the then prinergy may give an error about not being able to rename a file (as tiff catcher has taken it already). Luckily the tiff catcher is our own in house software so we can easily fix that.

Instead of pushing the files..grab the files.

1. Make a shared folder on the prinergy box where the tiffs will reside.

2. Creative a user name and password on the tiff bucket (windows7) as the prinergy admin.

3. Mount that share on the windows 7 box

See of that works...

I think it's an authentication problem within the os

Instead of pushing the files..grab the files.

1. Make a shared folder on the prinergy box where the tiffs will reside.

2. Creative a user name and password on the tiff bucket (windows7) as the prinergy admin.

3. Mount that share on the windows 7 box

See of that works...

I think it's an authentication problem within the os

Email me at
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back