PRINT CONTROLLERS & APPE (PDF PRINT ENGINE) 5.0?

Yes, I bet 3.0 (current fiery) was closer to 6-8 years ago. I have been trying to find an update log between versions.

Thats what Ive been doing here/Fiery community group. This is the response I got from someone on fiery board:

I suspect APPE version for IC-313 will remain where it is since it's codebase is older (FS300 Pro) than KM Fiery's just introduced with newer FS400 Pro codebases. However, I will check to see if APPE 5 is in pipeline for IC-313 and get back to you.

I wonder if KM salesman have been telling the truth that their controller is just as capable as the fiery. The KM controller (FS400 based) was released 9 months before Fiery released FS300 back in 2017. So the argument of software development taking time is negated.

I do plan on calling Adobe to find out what changes occurred between versions. I will report back if I find anything.

I talked with Fiery salesman they are at v4.4 for IC-313. Their claim was that they do what KM tells them to do. If KM decides not to upgrade they won't upgrade. It's not in their hands.

Xerox has the FS400Pro coming in soon but the real question you should ask yourself is if it'll support all of the features described such as page level rendering intent etc.

So fiery says their platform is x64 but have no authorization to upgrade software from minolta.

I never had a Xerox so I wouldn't know.

I talked with Fiery salesman they are at v4.4 for IC-313. Their claim was that they do what KM tells them to do. If KM decides not to upgrade they won't upgrade. It's not in their hands.
Why would EFI even build a new version for IC-313 if KM didn't order it?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back