Print Head Recovery

APS

Registered Users
Has anyone used a system for recovering print heads, and if so have you had much success?

Cliff

I didn't have any particular device or head in mind, just generally interested if anyone is using these devices and what level of success they are having.

APS

You really have to start with what type of print head, Some do not do well with ultrasonic, most hate being over-pressurized, some cleaning solutions are next to useless, , I have seen some work wonders other suck badly. Vutek for an example has a flush station for solvent that is ok, and have another for UV head that requires manual work. Other claim to be able to recover anything although a dried out and blocked head will drive you nuts. Aquas based ink are easy to clean.

Cliff

Thanks for sharing your information you clearly have experience in this area.
As all ways it would appear the answer is never straight forward.

Cliff

I am a newbe to wide format inkjet printing. Asuming that we have a printer with a blocked head and we were about to thorw it out. Is there anything that we can try to resurect the head (In general), given that it is in a state placing it about to be biffed out in the trash, or should we Google for a appropriate solution? Is there a You-tube clip on this etc... The heads for our wide format are ok right now, but at $1000 per head I cant see too much of a problem risking some sort of recovery method.

Cliff

I am a newbe to wide format inkjet printing. Asuming that we have a printer with a blocked head and we were about to thorw it out. Is there anything that we can try to resurect the head (In general), given that it is in a state placing it about to be biffed out in the trash, or should we Google for a appropriate solution? Is there a You-tube clip on this etc... The heads for our wide format are ok right now, but at $1000 per head I cant see too much of a problem risking some sort of recovery method.

Again ,... what tpye of head, what ink, UV, Aqua , solvent. @ 1000 per head I will hasard a guess that is not Vutek, oce , or Fuji. Hp so that would leave some epson, mimaki etc.

CTP workflow

CTP workflow

I did'nt know where to put this so...

Is there somebody out there with a lot of experience about CTP machines?
Like: what’s a good Computer to plate brand?
Or: is there a special kind of site with lots of information?
I ask this because, the firm I work for, is still working with film, (one of the only one in this Dutch country), but it’s time to expand the workflow.

So they asked me to look a round about the possibilities and… I thought, working a lot with Adobe products, and printing so the best place to ask is here.

Sorry...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back