Print Master qm-46 water issue

TLawrence

Need some advise on setting the screws for water. I get to much or not enough, or I get what i think is right then after it runs for a bit the water goes away. I took pictures on the water adjustment screws. Could anyone point me to the correct direction on how to set the water damper

Attachments

• photo5198.JPG
    photo5198.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 395
  • photo5199.JPG
    photo5199.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 342
  • photo5200.JPG
    photo5200.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 311
  • photo5201.JPG
    photo5201.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 361
When was the last time you did any roller maintenance on your press? Do you remove your rollers and scrub them. Have you checked the durometers lately. Are you checking/resetting the rollers on a regular basis. I only ask because the rollers in the photos look like they could do with some attention. That might be the cause of some of the issues you are seeing on your press. Good luck

No real maintenance. Only time I clean is when I switch colors. And I use a sovialt thats been used since bought it.

That might be the reason you are having a difficult time getting a good balance, I would perform a complete roller maintenance on your press and replace any rollers that are not up to spec. Then I would check/lubricate all on my adjustment screws to make sure they are all working correctly and not worn out.
Just making some adjustments will not solve your issue I dont think. I'm sure others will add to my suggestions. Good luck

The book is pretty easy to understand on setting the rollers. If you get them to spec most of your issues should resolve themselves. Make the form to oscillator around 3.5. mm and the form to plate 3 mm. In the picture it looks like the ink is piling on the rollers. An oz of alcohol sub per gallon of water might help. Syntac sells rollers for that press that work well and are cheaper then bottcher. I would replace all the rubber rollers in the damp system. Do a form roller stripe test on a plate and verify all 3 ink forms are hitting. When the rollers wear down (at least on a QM) only two rollers will hit the plate. Usually a good sign the rollers need to be replaced. Your water issues could be anywhere in the press. Remove the two rollers on the bottom of the ink train. (PU1) and verify you have a 3 mm stripe on all the transfers, and oscillators. set oscillator to forms at 3.5 mm. Poor ink tansfer can cause symptoms that look water related.

Also you should really post this in the sheetfed area. This is prepress and workflow.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back