Print Shop Mail KM1050 Micropress long pause

beasley

Hi all running into a variable data challenge. Need to produce booklets 100-1,000 booklets each with different data is short turn around time. Micro Press is processing extremely fast with PSM but the Konica seems to choke on the data and slows down the printing end to end time from what should be 15 mins based on number of pages printed to 1 hr 40 minutes. The problem is the delay/pause that occurs as the data hits the KM 1050. It is only processing one job at a time prints end to end then starts the next. Options to improve this include Micro Press with a 1200 or Micro Press with the Canon engine 9000 series.....any experiences out there with large files and booklets? Goal would be to get the job done in less than 30 mins....long way off now...

Hi, beasley, I'm a PrintShop Mail user, but not a Micro Press user. (Full disclosure - I work in administration for a Konica Minolta dealer. I'm not a sales rep and I'm not a tech.)

I wouldn't rule out going back and looking at the starting point within the software. Some ideas.
1 - Within PrintShop Mail, there is a setting for changing the print technology (Edit/Preferences/Print job). Sometimes, trying out different technology settings can help.
2 - Post your question directly on Objectif Lune's PrintShop Mail forum. The OL staff respond daily to questions and problems. Objectif Lune Tech Support Self Help - Forums powered by UBB.threads™
3 - In the US, Konica has regional document solutions managers who know and support all the solutions that Konica sells. Your profile didn't say where you are based, but if you are in the US I suggest getting yours involved to look at both PrintShop Mail and MicroPress. Ask your dealer or branch to bring that person in.

Hope this is helpful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back